Saxophone assembly is a really simple task, however, this is still a fragile instrument. Because the instrument has fragile parts, be sure to be care not to bend or break any of the keys.
- Place the case on the floor or a table. These surfaces are much more sturdy so that you do not drop the pieces inside. Do not open the case up on your lap. Make sure that the latches open to the ceiling. Most cases have a thin lid and a thicker body.
- Open up your case.
- Take out your neck strap and place it around your neck.
- Set up your mouthpiece and neck.
- Pick up the saxophone by the bell, which has no keys. If you pick up the instrument by the upper part of the instrument, you may damage the mechanisms.
- Attach your neck and mouthpiece to the body of the saxophone. Then tighten the screw where the two parts join. Make sure not to over tighten the screw.
- While still holding the bell, hook the neck strap into the small loop on the back of the saxophone.